Here’s what I have discovered:
Authors endeavor to reach their readers with the message of their writing—the truths behind the stories they present.
In the same way, leaders touch their followers with valuable life lessons and opportunities for growth. That is the primary purpose of leadership.
If you are in leadership or aspire to lead, keep these truths in mind:
- True leadership that lasts is not ultimately defined by title, position, or tenure.
- Great leadership is dependent on your desires to teach others to do what you do better than how you do it. This is leadership that lasts and builds legacy for you and those you lead.
- Leadership means giving yourself to a follower to help a follower become better than the leader.
- This kind of leadership is securely founded on this truth: People are more important than what they do, and a Relationship comes before and gives birth to Function.
- A leader-follower connection recognizes that a solid working relationship is formed when a leader makes decisions about a follower’s success and then changes his or her behavior to prove to the follower that the leader cares and is willing to sacrifice for the follower to help the follower succeed.
- Lasting and legacy-building leadership is about giving, most of all.
- Leadership is costly and worth it!
If you want to know more, please access The Leadership Trilogy for Business Core Team Development include these three titles by Glen Aubrey which you should see..